Homer is an excellent culinary art destination. The restaurant owners and their chefs create such nice dishes. It truly is a superb experience. Have fun checking out what your favorite is. Here are some of mine:
- Lands End The Chartroom: Amazing views, Alaskan-style atmosphere, and big huge deck.
- Captain Patties and Fresh Catch Cafe are both located on the spit and serve excellent fish dishes. You can even bring your catch in for them to prepare.
- Two Sisters Bakery, great place for a cappuccino, sandwich, or bakery treat after walking Bishops Beach. They also serve uniquely nice dinners Wed.-Sat. My FAV
- Finn’s has yummy brick-oven pizzas. The owner whom is also the chef studied pizza making in Italy. Located on the spit with a sunroom European style seating area overlooking the Bay.
- AJ’s steak house; no view but guests say best steak they’ve ever eaten.
- Fat Olives’s, a transformed schoolbus depot, serving brick-oven pizzas, fish, Italian dishes, and wonderful salads.
- Little Mermaid’s creates amazing delights and has been highly rated as a favorite. They also own Latitude 59 which is a wonderful coffee house with good breakfast and lunch items.
- Lots of Thai options we especially enjoy Vida’s Thai food.
- The Saltry, located in Halibut Cove, is a unique experience. Make a reservation on the Danny J, it’ll take you there for lunch or dinner. Spendy, but Halibut Cove is a pretty special place. Make sure you walk all around this unique town.
- If you head to Seldovia, I recommend eating at the Boardwalk Hotel which has wonderful fish chowder. The Tide Pool is a great restaurant too overlooking the harbor. But my favorite is to pack a lunch so you can enjoy eating at the beach while hiking the Otterbaun.
- Red Bird Kitchen has some nice options. It is located out East End Rd next to Kachemak Gear Shed which is a great store for all your fishing needs.
Want to learn more about the local Restaurants